Cultural Strategy Institute (CSI) is a municipal institution established to coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the Lviv City Culture Development Strategy for 2025.
Mission of the Cultural Strategy Institute: analytical support for cultural institutions and initiatives, enhancing institutional capacity and fostering the development of Lviv cultural centers’ potential.
The CSI main areas of activity:
– data collection and research on topical cultural processes;
– monitoring the implementation of the Culture Development Strategy;
– establishing and administration of the Municipal Culture Fund;
– conducting of Culture Congress – a professional discussion platform for the exchangeof experience and information collection;
– strategy of municipal cultural institutions;
– life-long education for cultural workers;
– cooperation between school and pre-school education with cultural organizations;
– international cooperation and cultural diplomacy;
– creation and submission of an application for the title of the European Capital of Culture;
– establishing communication between institutions, organizations and cultural institutions.
During 2018, for the purpose of transparent and fair functioning of the Institute, an Expert Supervisory Board was formed – a permanent body of the Institution, which will evaluate the Institute’s activities, provide expert consultations and, together with the CIS team, plan the further development of the institution. Managers and practitioners from Poland, Ukraine (Kharkiv, Kyiv, Lviv) and the United Kingdom were gathered among the participants of the Supervisory Board of the Cultural Strategy Institute to preserve the diversity of worldviews.